When you arrive at the clinic, you may encounter people who want to try to stop you from getting the care you need. Tips on how to avoid anti-abortion protesters.
Once you are inside the clinic, the clinic staff will need certain information about you so they can tailor the experience to your physical and emotional needs. This usually requires the following:
- A complete health history, including information about previous pregnancies and any medications you may be taking.
- Exams and lab work, including:
- A blood test to establish whether you are anemic and whether your blood is Rh positive.
- A pelvic exam and/or sonogram to establish that you are pregnant and exactly how far along you are.
- A counseling session to explain the procedure, discuss your options and to be sure you understand and are comfortable with your decision.
More information about the tests at the clinic.